Friday, July 18, 2008

On Campus Visit thoughts...

The on campus visit ended yesterday and I had a really great time. I have been really happy in this program so far, finding the coursework really interesting, and being on campus really brought home another strength of the program to me.
My classmates are so interesting, and I think the fact that our program allows people who are working in such a large variety of library and non-library settings to study together is pretty cool. Its kinda hard to remember the variety that our profession encompasses sometimes, and I feel like I really experienced that this week. It made class discussions and presentations really interesting and I learned a lot!
Also, a week where I used the computer once or twice a day instead of eight to twelve hours a day was good for me, I think. The eventual goal of this program for me is to interact with the public, so people skills are also important. That said, now is the time to learn to mount web pages so I'm off to do that.
For those cohort 8 members who read this (hey Brynne) it was great to meet you all.

No comments: