Monday, July 7, 2008

Steal this class lecture... or not

The idle thought, "I wonder if I can get course cast videos onto my ipod" resulted in a protracted battle of wills with video formats that was completely unfruitful. I managed to make it through the downloading instead of streaming phase and the re-encoding to itunes friendly format stage. But was ultimately stymied by my ipod's apparent unwillingness to play anything not created by the itunes store. I am currently not amused by apple and if I didn't already have an ipod and lots of music tied irrevocably to it through sticky drm means, I would have a generic mp3 player. (In other words, you have utterly succeeded in all your plans Apple, kudos.)

Thank you Apple, for turning watching a class video on an airplane into some sort of samizdat -esque operation that ultimately failed. I made life very exciting for a moment or two.

No comments: